Real Estate Copywriter
The Copywriter will be responsible for creating engaging, successful marketing copy for residential listings.
The Copywriter will identify selling-points for each listing and develop this information into engaging, successful, accurate marketing materials, including but not limited to online and print ads, multi-page brochures, and video and commercial scripts.
This position demands a strong affinity for perfectionism and collaboration, as the Copywriter will be working alongside Marketing and Design Departments and needs to ensure all copy is perfect in spelling, grammar, and details. This will occur across several levels and include all ad copy, from print ads to home brochures to the DeLeon Realty website. Research will include personal visits to each listing, contacting the appropriate parties for information, and analyzing technical and digital files, including but not limited to appraisals and floor plans.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Capacity to write, edit, proofread, and fact-check copy for brand consistency, clarity, and accuracy
- Ability to work seamlessly with editors and perform well under pressure
- Professional experience in researching and fact-checking
- Quality-consciousness and exceptional attention to detail
- Strong sense of urgency while demonstrating resourcefulness, productivity, and efficiency
- Ability to perform work in a high-volume, fast-paced environment that requires meeting time-sensitive deadlines for print collateral, publications, and online marketing
- Interaction and coordination with the Marketing and Design Teams
- Self-organization to allow prioritization and completion of multiple tasks within deadlines with minimal supervision
Required Qualifications Include:
- 3+ years of copywriting experience
- Excellent written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Acrobat, and Adobe Suite
- Ability to work collaboratively and demonstrate effective teamwork
- Immaculate attention to detail
- Flexibility to manage multiple projects at once and meet multiple deadlines simultaneously
- Experience with Facebook, Twitter, Drupal/WordPress, and/or other digital formats
- BA in English (or related field) and knowledge of real estate and/or architecture/interior design preferred