With Expressway to the west and Loma Verde Avenue to the east, Midtown is truly the center of Palo Alto.
Its location allows residents to take easy advantage of everything the city has to offer. Whether it’s exciting downtown to the north or the community hub of Mitchell Park to the south, Midtown residents are strategically placed within convenient reach of it all. Midtown Shopping Center acts as a local favorite for daily necessities and more with its small, but varied offerings. Whether it’s a morning coffee, a lunch time taco, or the week’s groceries, you will be pleasantly surprised by how much can be done in this quaint area.
Unlike some of its less-structured surrounding neighborhoods, the planning for Midtown was more deliberate. Designed during the suburban housing
boom after World War II, the area follows a street grid with uniform lot sizes, mostly ranging from 6,000 to 8,000 square feet. The majority of homes are mid-sized ranch style and Eichlers, but the sight of remodeling and full teardowns have become commonplace – adding to the architectural diversity of the neighborhood. Additionally, all of this new construction is driving up the overall rate of appreciation, with the median price for a Midtown home more than doubling in value over the last decade.
In line with Palo Alto tradition, Midtown offers access to expansive parks such as Greer and Hoover Parks and Palo Alto’s illustrious school system.
- Oregon Expressway on the north
- Highway 101 on the east
- Loma Verde Avenue on the south
- Alma Street on the west
*Elementary school will depend on the particular address:
- El Carmelo Elementary School (K-5) (#3 Elementary School in California)
- Palo Verde Elementary School (K-5) (#7 Elementary School in California)
- Juana Briones Elementary School (K-5) (#6 Elementary School in California)
- Jane Lathrop Stanford Middle School (6-8) (#2 Middle School in California)
*High school will depend on the particular address:
- Gunn High School (#1 High School in California)
- Palo Alto High School (#5 High School in California)
- Main Library- 1213 Newell Road Palo Alto, CA 94303
- Children’s Library- 1276 Harriet Street Palo Alto, CA 94301
- Mitchell Park Library- 3700 Middlefield Road Palo Alto, CA 94303
- Greer Park- 1098 Amarillo Avenue Palo Alto, CA 94303
- Hoover Park- 2901 Cowper Street Palo Alto, CA 94306