Climbing ever steeper into Woodside, roads twist and turn and towering trees overlook the rolling, grassy hills, so iconic to Northern California. Sweeping bay and woodland scenes paint the landscape with hues of gold, dark green, and deep, mesmerizing blue. To some, it seems like heaven. To others, it’s home.
Located about six miles from downtown Woodside and about 80 percent up the hill that overlooks Silicon Valley, is a planned community of about 80 residences called Skywood. Each of these residences is custom-built on plots varying from one-and-a-half to three acres of land. Between the extent of the property, stunning vistas, and the rural setting, these homes are a relatively good value compared to the flat areas of Woodside and Portola Valley, and a relatively great value compared to other towns in the area.
Further up the hill and adjacent to the crossroads of Skyline Boulevard and La Honda Road is Skylonda. Though there are fewer homes, the crowning characteristic of this neighborhood is its redwood-log cabins and rustic style. On weekends, motorcyclists, bicyclists, and nature-lovers often frequent famous Alice’s Restaurant for fabulous food and a chance to bask in the warm California sunshine and clear mountain air.
- Between High 84 (La Honda Road) and La Honda Open Space Reserve
- Woodside Library- 3140 Woodside Road Woodside, CA 94062
- Huddart County Park- 1100 Kings Mountain Road Woodside, CA 94062
- Wunderlich County Park- 4040 Woodside Road Woodside, CA 94062
Public Schools (state-ranked according to niche.com):
Depending on the particular home address, these diverse areas are served by three different elementary school districts – Cabrillo Unified School District, Portola Valley School District, and Woodside Elementary School District.
- Ormondale Elementary School (K-3)- 200 Shawnee Pass Portola Valley, CA 94028
- Corte Madera School (4-8)- 4575 Alpine Road Portola Valley, CA 94028 (#18)
- Kings Mountain Elementary School- 211 Swett Road Woodside, CA 94062
- Woodside Elementary School (K-8)- 3195 Woodside Road Woodside, CA 94062
- Cunha Intermediate School- 600 Church Street Half Moon Bay, CA 94019
- Half Moon Bay High School- 498 Kelly Avenue Half Moon Bay, CA 94019
- Woodside High School- 199 Churchill Avenue Woodside, CA 94062